In April 2013, the Department for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport announced new funding of £150 million to support the delivery of PE and school sport. Funding is being allocated to all state-maintained secondary, primary, middle and special schools (including non-maintained special schools), academies and pupil referral units with primary aged pupils for the period September 2013 to 31st August 2014 and from 1st September 2014 to 31st August 2015. Our school will be receiving £8795 in two installments. We received a similar additional installment for 2015-16.
We are using our Sport Premium to improve the quality of PE and Sport provision in the following ways:
- Procuring quality assured professional training for staff to raise their confidence and competence in teaching PE and sport through the Camden PE Team.
- Providing cover staff to release teachers for professional development in PE and sport.
- Supporting regular sport tournaments, festivals and competitions for pupils of all ages.
- Entering children into different leagues and competitions organised by the Camden Schools Sports Association.
- Hiring professional sports coaches to teach the children different sports during curriculum time.
- Developing Mini Healthy Champions in Key Stage 1 and 2 through partnership with the Camden Health Improvement Team.
Full details of our PE Self evaluation and Action plan for 2016-17 can be found here: PE and School Sport CL SSE & Action plan 16-17
Full details of our PE Self evaluation and Action plan for 2015-16 can be found here: PE-and-School-Sport-CL-SSE–Action-plan-15-16
Full details of our PE Self evaluation and Action plan for 2014-15 can be found here: PE-and-School-Sport-CL-SSE–Action-plan-14-15-Reviewed